30 Things You May Not Know About My Invisible Illness

1:09 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments


I hope to fill this out annually to see the changes that take place in my health, attitude and feelings. I got the questions from this website. If anyone sees this and makes a blog of their own answering the questions, please send me a link in my comments area. 



30 THINGS ABOUT MY INVISIBLE ILLNESS YOU MAY NOT KNOW

1. The illness I live with is: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Somatic Pain Disorder, Lyme Disease and then there are the side effects of my meds!
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: RA: 1984, Fibro: 2013
3. But I had symptoms since: RA:1980 Fibro: 2008
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Not being able to do the things I want to do, like work, play frisbee, walk my dog. There are too many things to say.
5. Most people assume: I am lazy. I don't like exercise. I want drugs. I am lying.

6. The hardest part about mornings are: EVERYTHING!!! Moving, facing another day of inability, the pain..pain..PAIN!!!

7. My favorite medical TV show is: I do not watch TV.
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My back massager. 
9. The hardest part about nights are: Trying to fall asleep when I have the most energy of the whole day. And don't get me started on all the things I have to do to get to sleep!
10. Each day I take 35 pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)

11. Regarding alternative treatments I: have tried homeopathy, a naturopath, acupuncture, meditation, mindfulness, exercise as much as possible, and more.

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: Invisible. I like looking good! It's all I got!
13. Regarding working and career: At this time I do not see how I can work. I hope I can have a career in my future but it isn't happening right now.
14. People would be surprised to know: I am in pain every second of every day.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: I can't do what I want. I am restricted and that is a tough pill to swallow.

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: Lose my job.

17. The commercials about my illness: I do not see them, thank GOD. I am sure they fluff them up on television.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: Having energy in general...running jumping. I used to be a big goof, acting up and jumping all around. I want to do that again.
19. It was really hard to have to give up: My career.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: Painting. And I am not too horrible at it.

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Take my dog out and run around.

22. My illness has taught me: To fight for myself.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: It can't be that bad.
24. But I love it when people: Give me a back rub!!!
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: Everything happens for a reason.

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: Document everything. Make some friends on FB or Twitter who have the same infliction. You won't feel so alien, alone, different, stupid.

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: How supportive my friends are.
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Well, my mom cleaned my house, bought me groceries, made me pudding (LOVE butterscotch pudding!!)
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: The world NEEDS to know how many of us there ARE!!!
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Like maybe you are a little closer to getting what is going on inside me and that is one step closer to me not having to explain myself.

If you would like to donate to help me over the last hump of my treatment please go here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: