My Keto Faves.

7:27 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments

Cute little recipe box! Source

I have put together my favorite recipes for the Ketogenic diet. I have been on it for a few months. In that time I have had a couple weeks here and there with absolutely no pain medications! I have also lost a few pounds which is fun in and of itself. I also went off my blood pressure medications. So all positive results from this diet. I don't think this is a lifestyle change for me but I do like it to drop several pounds very quickly.

I went on the diet about 6 months ago at the start of Autumn. I went off the diet for Christmas because....See's Candy mostly. I lost about 30 pounds in about three months. Once the holiday season began I had to have my sugar and carbs so I stopped completely. Not only did I stop but I went WWWWAAAAYYY overboard in typical Libra style. I had three pounds of See's chocolate to my dome. The BF didn't eat any of it...all me. I also had a tub of chocolate covered toffee, again, all to myself. I had major surgery in that time too so I really pampered myself with food and rest.

How much weight does one gain back after Keto?

Isn't that the main question we all have? Well, funny story. I weighed myself every few days while on this binge. (Did I mention the gallon of Three Twins Mint Confetti I ate in only two sittings?). I was amazed each time at how little I was gaining. It was almost like a challenge at one point. Why wasn't I gaining weight rapidly? This went on through the holiday season, through a trip to Hawaii and into January. One night a friend was staying at our house and we were talking about Nova, our cat. My friend and the bf said that she looked fat. I disagreed and I went to weigh her. I picked her up, held her in my arms and weighed the both of us. Then I put her down and weighed myself. Turned out Nova weighed about 0.8 pounds.
Mischievous makeup cap!

Wait, what?? How is that possible? I'll tell you how. It's not possible. Turns out a little cap to a travel sized tube of moisturizer had wedged its way under my scale! This whole time I was totally gaining weight. Which makes much more sense.

So to answer the above question, I gained around 8 pounds back. I am not sad about that though because I really went crazy. I mean really. BUT I am still off my blood pressure medication and I have a very clean bill of health. I had a complete blood test and physical before my surgery (got that Hysterectomy I have been asking for for most of my life!) and the only item that was of note was my crazy high Ketone levels. The doctors were totally cool with that and were also happy with my lowered pain and consequential lowering of pain meds as well as the normal blood pressure.

Enough about me, I want to share my favorite recipes with you. I got many recipes from Pinterest or Google searches but I have made up a couple as well. Any relation of my recipes to ones already out there are just coincidence because I randomly just shove tasty things together and see what I get. If it is good. I try to document it. First off are some great recipes I have found on the interwebs.

Stuffed Meatballs with Cream Cheese by Ditch the Carbs

Thank you, ditchthecarbs.com for this great recipe!!


This is the first recipe I made on the Keto diet and I ate a lot of these. So easy to make and it is also easy to just grab one or two pre-made meatballs and heat them up whenever I get hungry which isn't all that often on this diet. It is also super easy to pack these up and bring to work or even to a party. I didn't change the recipe one iota. It is perfect just how it is!

Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken by The Recipe Critic

Thank you, TheRecipeCritic.com for this awesome recipe!

This one comes from a fellow critic. I love this recipe because you can also make many variations on the dish depending on what you have around. The base of it is to fry up some chicken (I usually make it in smaller cubes to speed up cooking time) add some cream and parmesan and then whatever you want after that. I have added kale, green beans, cheddar and jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, feta, basil, pesto and olives. I also get lazy and add it all in one pan. I cook the chicken bits until almost cooked all the way through, then I add the cream (I skip the broth) and parmesan and bring it back to a simmer, cooking the chicken the rest of the way through. Then I add the veggie and additives of choice. Always be mindful of things like sundried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes because there is a bit of extra sugar in them.


"Just like the real thing" Keto Lasagna by Peace Love and Low Carb

Thank you, peaceloveandlowcarb.com for this yummy meal!


I have only made this once but I will make it again and it creates a week's worth of meals in one pan. The recipe has you make it in a loaf pan which I love because it is an easy to handle size. I like to slice off a bit when I am hungry, heat it up and then slather it in hot sauce. I might add some spicy sausage to the hamburger the next time I make it. If you crave Italian food then you will be satisfied with this lasagna. It is creamy, chewy, cheesy and fulfilling.


This post is getting long enough so I will leave you with these recipes. Next time I will share some of my homemade recipes.




You Might Also Like

0 comments: