Flat Belly Diet - The beginning

4:32 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments



Let's begin with a side note. I just scrolled through some of my past posts and it has dawned on me that perhaps I should be blogging more on the wonderful foods I am eating at some of these wonderful restaurants, sharing the recipes of the decadent foods I am eating at home and relaying the consensus of my merry band of bad movie watchers. Here I am struggling to share the healthy side of my experiences when there is a whole other facet in my life which, up until this point, I have shared only in shame and disappointment. It is time I embrace, and allow others to embrace, these wonderful experiences.

I digress.....


It has been two days on the regular part of this diet and I gotta say, this is very reasonable, healthy and easy. It seriously takes out the thinking of healthy eating. So long as you have a kitchen scale and a couple measuring cups you can do this diet. Here is what is on the menu for the first two days:

Day One
Breakfast
1 cup Kashi 7 Grain Puffs, 1 cup fat free milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 small banana

Snack
2 tbsp Almond butter, 1 apple

Lunch
Salad: 3 oz turkey or chicken chunks, 1 apple sliced, 3 cups lettuce, 1tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar.

Dinner
Open one whole wheat pita bread and put in strips of one string cheese package. Grill or toast until cheese is melted like a quesadilla. Cut into triangles and dip into salsa made of the following: 2 small tomatoes, chopped, 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper, 1/4 cup cubed avocado, 1 tsp cilantro.

Day Two
Breakfast
1 cup Kashi 7 Grain Puffs, 1 cup fat free milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 small banana

Snack
1/4 cup hummus, 1/2 bell pepper cut into strips, if you want, half a whole grain pita too.

Lunch
2 slices whole grain toast, 1/4 cup avocado mashed on top, 3 oz of chicken slices, and a half cup of lettuce, open faced sandwiches. One small banana

Dinner
2 slices whole grain toast, sliced tomatoes, 2 oz sliced ham, 1/4 cup avocado sandwich


The first day meal plan was so tasty that I seriously could just eat that every day and be happy. The meals are so simple to substitute whatever you like. The main deal is about 2 to 3 oz lean protein, a cup veggies, a serving of whole grains and a splash of Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids. This diet is so healthy and I feel great about it. It has helped me cut down on salt dramatically which thrills me. I am never hungry and I have energy. After my wonderful weekend of gorging this healthy meal plan really helps me feel like I can redeem myself. Total loss from the start of the diet is 2.4 pounds. Not the worst thing for 1.3 weeks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: