Flat Belly Diet - Day 3 of the Jumpstart

11:01 AM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments




I am feeling good about these four days so far. I like the idea of a four day jump-start for several reasons. First of all, it is easy to follow because the end is in sight from the very beginning. This makes it easier to stick with it and easier to reach your goal. Second, it is designed to "prepare" your body for the actual diet and I think that is something that is important. Unlike the Phase I of many diets that do not prepare you for the diet, but rather shock your body into a very restrictive diet, this one seems to think a little bit about how your stomach and even breath will react. I think many of us are aware that you can get kind of bad breath sometimes from certain diets. Finally, I like the fact that it is also a little restrictive in the sense that you do lose weight pretty rapidly which always is a great motivator. Granted, the weight loss is water, at least they actually tell you that instead of claiming you are burning fat by drinking "miracle water".

My Day Three Menu:

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi 7 Grain Puffs, 1 cup fat free milk, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and a 1/4 cup applesauce.

Snack
1 cup frozen peaches blended with 1 cup fat free milk with 1 tsp flaxseed oil stirred in

Lunch
4oz turkey meat, 1 string cheese stick, 1 cup tomatoes

Dinner
1 cup fresh green beans, 3 ounces baked chicken breast, 1 cup red potatoes, roasted with 1 tsp olive oil (I was supposed to have 1/2 cup of potatoes but I was super hungry and couldn't stop my hands from chopping up a few more)

My day was a madhouse today so I was totally unable to eat every four hours. I dont know who has a schedule that is so simple that one has free time to cook a meal every four hours. I am already using most of my time when I get home from work to cook the next day's meal! I had a class for 7 hours today and was only able to get out for ten minutes at a time so I slammed the smoothie and pounded the sassy water like beer at a frat party. Lunch felt good though. The class I took offered free lunch but I didn't even look at the buffet that was offered. I went straight to my office and had my measured out lunch that I brought. It was nice that my coworker is on another diet and she did the same thing. Buddy system, right?


After running around all day trying to take the class and still get my regular work done I was mentally and physically exhausted and quite hungry. While cooking I sneaked a half of a cup of the rice and mushrooms that I had leftover from the other night and drizzled a little truffle oil over it. I had crumbled some ground turkey into it the day before for the bf to have as a dinner but turns out he doesn't like mushrooms. The things you learn after three years!


So tomorrow is going to be tricky. I am going to a birthday party and there shall be alcohol and gnocchis served. Those are definitely NOT on the four day jump-start. I have no plan. I hope I keep some degree of self control.

Hooray still losing weight. I am down a total of 4.2 pounds.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: