Day One of Eating Healthy

3:13 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments


The first day of a diet is always the best. It is the extreme from eating and drinking everything in sight to cutting back dramatically. Do you know that in the past week I had eaten fondue THREE times? I just can not resist a pot of melted cheese, even more so when I know I will be on a health kick in a few days. All or nothing! That is my life.

But it isn't really nothing. I am eating and I am eating really good food. So what did I eat for my first day of eating healthy? I had a packet of Costco instant oatmeal, apple cinnamon flavored with some Super Skinny Ultra Chai Tea which isn't the kind of chai tea you get with all the sugar and cream. It is a green tea with some spices. I thought I could use the extra bit of caffeine to start what is going to be an epic work month ahead. Double shifts, extra hours and working weekends....oh my!

The ingredients of the oatmeals

The nutritional information for the oatmeal

For lunch I had a can of Amy's Vegetable Barley soup which, according to her is two servings but I ate the whole can. It was quite tasty on it's own but I punched it up with a sprinkling of cayenne pepper.

When I got home it was 6:30 so I was right at the point I shouldn't eat if I want to not eat at least three hours before bedtime. I was very hungry after a rough day at work so I risked it and had dinner. I intend to eat steamed and baked lean proteins with veggies but I had a leftover lasagna, also from Costco, that needed to be eaten and it was super quick so I went for it. In my defense, it was a turkey spinach lasagna with fat-free ricotta cheese to which I added a lot of hot sauce.

Before bed I had a cup of chamomile tea.

My total intake for those three meals are as follows:

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal: 130 cal, 4g protein, 160 sodium, 27 carbs, 3g fiber, 1.5g fat
Soup: 140 cal, 4g protein, 1160 sodium, 26 carbs, 6g fiber, 2g fat.
Lasagna: 310 cal, 20g protein, 690 sodium, 28 carbs, 3g fiber, 12g fat

Grand Total: 580 calories, 28 grams protein, 2010 sodium, 81 carbs, 12g fiber and 16g fat.

I am not lying when I say that is what I ate yesterday but it sure seems like I had to have had more calories than 580!! But that is what the labels read. Perhaps it is the combo of protein and fiber or perhaps it was my super busy day but I never felt like I was deprived.

I need to work on lowering my sodium intake. That number seems like it could be brought down some. I am not concerned with the carbs because I was eating good things like barley and oats.

All in all I woke up this morning three pounds lighter than I did when I woke up the prior morning.

Loss: 3 lbs

You Might Also Like

0 comments: