Happy New Year!!

2:01 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments


Overeating is a staple during the holidays


It has been a fantastic holiday season. I ate and drank with friends and family until I nearly burst. It is now a new year and a perfect time to begin anew with a healthy lifestyle. I got a subscription to a health magazine and I have new motivation to lose some weight. I still have a goal weight but I do not have a time limit now. This means I have time to go about this in a less extreme manner.

Some little rules I will still follow:

The best worst movie

I am going to take one day off a week to do what I want to do. We are big into having everyone over for terrible movie night every weekend. When we do this we find some fantastically horrible movies and get three or four family sized pizzas from Papa Murphy's. We also go to Trader Joe's and get all kinds of junk food like chocolate covered pretzels, cookies, small cakes and ice cream. Everyone yells at the television and gorges on food until we are all in a coma and pass out. It is a really good time that I don't want to give up.

I am going to stop eating at least 3 hours, preferably 4 hours, before going to bed. This is the simplest way to lose some weight. Eating before you go to sleep is one of the worst things you can do.

Eating breakfast follows the last point pretty well because you will be hungrier in the morning if you don't eat before you go to bed. Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day and that makes sense. It is going to fuel you, give you a jump start, for the rest of the day.

And finally, I am going to stick to the old staples, lean proteins and fruits and vegetables as well as legumes.



The first week I will have to go through some of the food I still have around the house. I have a massive box of oatmeal from Costco that needs to be eaten so I will be eating oatmeal for breakfast every morning. I also have some wonderful soups from Costco that I will be eating for lunch. The soups are from Amy's which is a local company that produces some really great and healthy vegetarian products. Dinner will be a baked chicken breast and two veggie sides.



I will be doing other healthy things like using supplements and exercise but I have yet to form a plan. As I learn about different options I will update my blog on those topics. I also want to use a more natural approach to health so I will be updating about that too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: