100 Day Diet - Day 2

8:09 AM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments


Yesterday I woke up, packed my lunch, snacks and breakfast and got ready for work. When I got to work, around 7:00am, I had a grapefruit to start my metabolism going. Then I had an egg that I fried up really quick this morning on an english muffin with four slices of pepperoni. I have this pepperoni laying around that I just don't have the heart to toss in the garbage. I don't like wasting food.

I got hungry at 11:00am so I had my lunch then. Lunch, I had made the day before. It was a homemade tabbouleh. I had all these left over veggies in my fridge from the Farmer's Market a week earlier that needed to be eaten. I put about a cup of Bulgar in some hot water for about 15 minutes while I chopped up the veggies. I sliced about a cup and a half of cherry tomatoes and three or four green onions. I diced up a whole bell pepper. I chopped up a bunch of parsley and mint that I picked from my garden. I added a clove of crushed garlic then I blended the veggies with the Bulgar and topped with a splash of olive oil and the juice from two small limes. Voila! Tabbouleh. This was enough for two lunches.
I am still eating pretty large portions because that is what I am used to. I am going to slowly get my stomach to shrink and get used to smaller portions. That is one of my problems, I stuff myself to the point of near bursting. This is a habit I need to break.

I was not hungry that afternoon but I was at my computer so I started snacking on some raw almonds. I ate a little tupperware container of them as I typed away at my desk.

When I got home, I was pretty tired so I did not work out. Maybe today, maybe next week. I do plan on working out though. For dinner I had about a cup of fresh picked blackberries at about 6:00pm.

I went to bed at 9:00pm a little hungry.

That was my day one. As usual, I lost a lot of water weight, as I do when I start a diet. It still looks really good on the scale though! Now, to get through today, and 99 more.

Day 2 weight loss: 4 pounds
Total Weight loss: 4 pounds
Goal: 36 more to go

You Might Also Like

0 comments: