100 Day Diet - Day 8

11:20 AM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments


There just isn't enough protein in my Souper Soup. I spent the previous day eating only fruit so, naturally, my body was craving protein. I did not provide it with enough with the soup alone. So, for the whole day, I was tired and feeling run down. I had a large bowl of blueberries for breakfast and about a cup and a half of soup for lunch. I planned on having raspberries for dinner but I had a doctor's appointment and forgot all about dinner until I got home.

My doctor's appointment was regarding my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have been struggling on and off with the disease for most of my life beginning when I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA) at the tender age of 10. I have been able to manage the pain with various over the counter pain killers and anti-inflammatory medications. This past year the disease spread from my knees to my hands, wrists, elbows, ankles, toes and shoulder. I was put on Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine) and Prednisone. The Prednisone (steroids) worked great on the pain but they have nasty side effects like belly fat and face fat gain (moon face). As I slowly went off the Prednisone, it became apparent that the Plaquenil was not working.
This leaves me sitting in the doctor's office, forgetting to eat my dinner. The doctor put me back on Vicodin so I can ease the pain as I go off of the Prednisone. The next step is to go off of the Plaquenil and try something different. Sadly, it is advised not to drink alcohol when taking this medication. Oh well, the doctor said he would try to work something out with me seeing as how I make alcohol for a living.

Stressful, sleepy day. I do not recommend this day's meal plan to anyone. I even slept bad. Next time: much more protein.

Day 8 weight loss: 2 pounds
Total weight loss: 7 pounds
Goal: 33 pounds to go

You Might Also Like

0 comments: