Juicing - Second Day In

2:37 PM AirplaneFoodCritic 0 Comments

I had planned on having a nice juicy dinner last night but I was tired so I just went to bed. I didn't sleep well though. I had a lot of weird dreams. I am not sure if any of it was related to not having had any solid foods for a whole day or not. I am naturally a pretty horrible sleeper. When my alarm went off this morning at 4am I wasn't sure what was going on. I finally came out of my sleepy stupor and figured out how to turn off my alarm.

I stumbled into the kitchen where I have two juices I made last night for work today. I tried to make the morning one more fruity and the afternoon one more veggie-y. The morning one I put in a grapefruit, a kiwi, some grapes, couple carrots, a handful of kale and spinach, and a lemon.

The afternoon one was the best one yet. I put a bunch of kale and a bit of spinach in, then I put like three green apples, one lemon, a kiwi, and a bunch of grapes. It tasted just fantastic.

For the ride to work I made one with a half a cantaloupe, an orange, two carrots and a handful of kale. It was meh. I don't like them freshly made I found out, because it has that layer of froth on the top that hasn't settled. I do not want a frothy veggie mustache. I spent several sleepy minutes trying to get rid of the foam. Tonight, I will make all three juices for the day and hope it settles by the time I get up tomorrow.
Some people were meant to have a mustache, not I.

Now, how do I feel? Well it is difficult to tell about how my arthritis and all that feels because, technically, it has only been about 24 hours. I am not expecting a huge change - yet. My energy is noticeable though. I notice it spike right after I drink a juice. I am peppy, awake and energetic for about an hour after slamming a 16oz  bottle of juice. The problem is then, after that hour or so, I am back to being a bit sleepy. This may be partially due to the fact that I didn't get very good sleep last night though.

I also have little waves of cravings for horrible food. I love horrible food. I really really want a cheeseburger. Better yet, a turkey burger from this place in San Rafael that makes the best turkey burgers ever. Their turkey burgers are exponentially better than their regular beef burgers even. If you are local, head over to Barney's Gourmet Hamburgers and get the Sunshine Turkey Burger. I digress.....see? The very thought of some greasy food makes me feel a bit of a twinge in my stomach. The good thing is that it only lasts a little while and I am able to busy myself enough to forget about it. One thing that is awesome is that I do not watch TV. Those commercials they play in the evenings....oh man, I want everything they are selling. My advice to anyone starting a juice is to stop watching television. It isn't that difficult to do. Instead, you can play a video game, walk or play with your dog, watch a movie at home or knit or paint. I like to watch tv shows without the commercials.
Avoid cravings by avoiding television. Mmm Now I want Papa Johns.


Day two weight loss: 3.8 lbs
Total weight loss: 3.8lbs

You Might Also Like

0 comments: